May 5, 2007

On Jordan's Stormy Banks, by Samuel Stennett

On Jordan’s stormy banks I stand,
And cast a wishful eye
To Canaan’s fair and happy land,
Where my possessions lie.

All o’er those wide extended plains,
Shines one eternal day;
There God the Son forever reigns,
And scatters night away.

No chilling winds nor poisonous breath
Can reach that healthful shore;
Sickness, sorrow, pain and death,
Are felt and feared no more.

When shall I reach that happy place,
And be forever blessed?
When shall I see my Father’s face,
And in His bosom rest?


I am bound for the Promised Land.

5 comments:

Philemon said...

True that.

grace said...

amen

yes, finally you are on blogspot :)

PTL

P. Chase Sears said...

YES! Glad I will be able to read your thoughts on here. Look forward to it.

Bobby Jamieson said...

A welcome addition to the blog world.

You probably already saw this on JT's blog but check his posts on the Beckwith/Rome news and read Carl Trueman's (excellent and thoughtful) essay and Scott Clark's (slightly embittered, managing to squeeze in some anti-Edwards sentiment) post as well.

The relevant post on http://triablogue.blogspot.com/ is also good and the whole thing will fire you up for the gospel.

Jessica said...

excellent Steve.
What an encouraging
reminder of where our
hope lies!!!